Friday, January 22, 2010

Are you prepared?

Hello. Since i'm on this page now might as well share some stuff. It's really been a very discouraging/disappointing week due to some personal reasons.

About 15 mins ago I was scrolling through facebook and came across this new movie called To save a life. I find it a really meaningful message from the creators of "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof". It's a really inspirational message about how we spread God's love to the people around, especially the "lower caste" in our school community. Here's a little on the plot summary.

Jake has everything in high school. Friends, fame, basketball, and even the girl of his dreams. His friend, Roger has nothing. They used to be best friends but the social circle of high school separated both of them. One day Roger kills himself, and Jake regrets because of his death. He makes the decision to reach out to other outcasts in school to make up for what he did not do. However he has to choose between two parties, his friends, or the people he wants to reach out to.

"At some point, you've got to ask yourself, what you want your life to be about."

Surely the time will come when you have to ask yourself, "What do I want my life to be about?" I've asked myself this question many times, and many times I come up with many different answers. Now asking myself this question again I know what I want my life to be about. It's about our reflection of God's image and His love. If we do not spread God's love and reach out to those that really need it, no one will.

How far would you go, how much would you risk, how hard would you fight, to save a life?


Guys, let's think about it for a sec. It's a really tough business reaching out to the outcasts. Most of the time we have to choose between two parties, friends, or people who need God's love desperately. I'm ready to make that sacrifice to spread God's love to other people, no matter what the world thinks of me. I am prepared.

Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment