Friday, February 5, 2010

What it is made up of.

Hey Caleb, you really will make a great pastor! You can deliver such great speeches!


You really should become an inspirational speaker like Nick Vujicic or Dave Pelzer! Many many many people will get moved by your speeches and skill. 


What skill?

People close to me say I'm generally a very good speaker. But am I? Answer to self: No. I am not a good speaker. One of the probable reasons is because of the 'speech' that I gave to my class a few weeks ago and a bit of the ability to share sermons with friends in my own words. But even though I am that good, it's just not me.  People say I make a good pastor, it's just not me; people say I make a good inspirational speaker, it's just not me. Really. It's not.

But how come you can deliver such great speeches that can earn great respect? If it's not you, then who is it? It cant possibly be anyone else right?


What my 'speeches' are made up of are not just my knowledge or wisdom or anything. It's not. It's made up of the Holy Spirit speaking through me to the audience. You see, during camp last year I received a 'mission' from God: Rise up and become a leader. Having this post as a monitor now I feel that God is trying to tell me to spread His love around to those people that need it. I feel that influencing other people around me and spreading God's love like a contagious disease is the basic things that I need to do as a monitor or even as a normal student as well. The challenge will come when the class cell that we have been praying quite a bit about starts.

That, is what it is made up of. It's not a confession though, it's glorifying God.

No comments:

Post a Comment