Thursday, February 4, 2010

What should I do?

Note that I am not talking about a specific group of people, but rather all audiences.

At the top, there's only one way to go -- down.

Many times I think to myself: It's only a piece of cake to reach out to other people, and although the feeling of getting outcasted because of that is bad, but it's not that bad.

This is a totally different story altogether. Please note that I have intentionally censored the names of everyone involved in this incident.

Now there's this person in my class that I've brought to church a few months back, let's call him A. But after coming to church I feel that his personality was going down the drain. Never mind about that, because now he is turning into a better person. Again it is not always that yi fan feng shun, as I think there is now an outcasting atmosphere around, and someone also said, "It's because to him, you're the only guy that actually still cares about him."

It's because to him, you're the only guy that actually still cares.


How devestating that is! I'm not dealing with a friend only, I'm dealing with an outcast. There also are some people that I feel want me to give up on A and outcast him too, let's just call them the rest of the alphabet (B to Z, although there arent that many people but i dont want to give the number of people). Somehow I find that I resemble Jake, I'm trying to help outcasts but in the end I'm going to get outcasted myself too. People say that I'm too soft hearted, saying that I give too much grace and letting this become very vulnerable to getting taken advantage of. Based on this I think somehow or another getting outcasted is now inevitable. I know, I have been chosen first for some project grouping, and I have moved to A's group and therefore becoming a 'traitor'. That is my fault. But think about it, if someone can say "It's because to him, you're the only guy that still cares", and if i don't care about him, no one else ever will.

"Whatever he is now, he deserves it. We have given him enough grace. You need to teach him a lesson and not give in to his stupid demands."


Grace - that's giving to someone who doesnt deserve it. We all deserve to die in hell even for the slightest wrong we do, like telling very little white lie. You, me, everyone. No one is perfect. But it is by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we have been saved, through faith. In other words there's never enough grace given or to be given. Imagine there's this man that owes his boss millions of dollars, and he begged his boss to give him some time to repay the debt, and the boss, taking pity on the man, cancelled the debt. Now this man was also the boss of another guy who owed him only ten dollars, and that guy also begged him to give him some time and he will be able to repay the debt. But the man took him to court and sued him and ordered everything of his to be sold because he could not repay the debt at that time. News spread to the boss, and the boss called the man up to his office and said "I cancelled your debt because you begged me to, shouldnt you give grace to your employee just as I had given to you?" In his anger the boss ordered everything the man had to be sold until he could be able to repay the debt. Think about it. Shouldn't we give grace beyond all boundaries because Jesus has done that for us too?

That, is just from my point of view. It just doesn't have to be like this over some small matter.

What do I do, where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment